We went to Newport, Rhode Island and saw the beautiful mansions!
They were INSANE-O TOWN!!!
The first one we saw, The Breakers has 70, let me repeat SEVENTY rooms. It was the most lavish outrageous, beautiful home I've ever seen. They had bathtubs that were carved out of one big slab of marble, that they had to fill 9 times before it was warm enough to actually take a bath. Excessive? Only a little bit I'd say.
The two homes we toured were both owned by the Vanderbilt Family and the The Breakers (70 rooms) was their SUMMER home. Summer. They only lived in this 70 room home in the summer. We weren't allowed to take pictures in the homes, so I can't show you the magnificence, but just imagine the most lavish gold, marble, brash chairs, chandeliers etc everywhere.
 |
| The gates leading to The Breakers |
 |
| new home owners! |
 |
| one snap shot I got. This is their music room. my favorite room of course. |
 |
| Marblehouse |
 |
| Brooke being the buffest around. Cutest ever. |
 |
| Just the casual view from the Marblehouse backyard. |
No comments:
Post a Comment