The thing I wanted all my life. A gaggle of children. When it finally happened, I was elated. My dream was realized! When Winifred was born, I found myself thinking "wait, I thought this would be more fun" and "I don't know if I can actually handle the responsibility of raising a tiny human being". I had the baby blues and didn't feel like myself for weeks. I would cry at the drop of a hat and wasn't sure why I wasn't loving motherhood like I thought I would.
Thankfully, my hormones started to even out, and I felt more myself and guess what? I'm loving motherhood!! Oh my goodness you guys. I have the most precious daughter on the planet! Not to mention beautiful, sweet, calm, and happy. She breaks and melts my heart all at the same time.
She usually only cries when she's hungry or tired and has started smiling at us which is a whole different joy I've never felt before. I love that she is my tiny sidekick now that gets fawned over by strangers.
Winnie's birth was great. It was just Scott and me and the experience was so real! My midwife sitting at the end of my bed with Scott on one side, surprisingly loving the whole thing. I still can't believe I pushed her out of me.
The last 2 months have been a WHIRLWIND to say the very least. At first I felt like I was on the show survivor and had to take things one day at a time or I'd lose it. Things got better though, and keep getting better. She's an angel baby really, and I know Heavenly Father knew I needed an angel baby, or I'd completely lose it!
It's so fun to see the new noises and movements she makes! Who knew a simple shriek could bring me so much excitement and joy?! She is definitely a loved little girl and will be smothered with kisses the rest of her life.
Photo time (you know I have hundreds, but I'll just post a few):















2 comments:
She is adorable. What a sweet little family you have! And those blasted hormones. I'm glad you're feeling like your old self again :)
Little tiny Winnie boo! Oh she's perfect. Love all the real-life pictures (spit up//sleepy parents etc.) So cute.
Post a Comment