um. HELLO! I haven't blogged since last year (gasp!).
What?
I know.
Let me give you a little update.
I started making a quiet book for this baby. These little carrots, radishes, and potatoes are part of a garden page.
20 weeks along celebrating the new year. We stayed in, and ate lots of yummy food while watching movies. When the clock stroke 12, I was working on the quiet book and we were watching Iron Man 3. We heard cheers and said 'Oh! It must be the new year!', kissed and kept on watching the movie/sewing.
My kind of ringing in the new year.
This is what I woke up to on my birthday. It was a Saturday and I had to work all day. Scott had woken up early, cleaned the snow off the car so he could drive me to work, bought flowers, and brought home bagels for breakfast. Did I get lucky or what (seriously.. the luckiest)?
After, literally the worst day of work ever, Scott picked me up and I came home to these cute/delicious brownies he made me. 'Happy B-day Mama". I was elated and he is the sweetest. I got changed and we were going out to eat. I wanted Ethiopian food, and when we drove to the restaurant, that location had closed (wah wah wah!)
We ended up getting Thai North, the restaurant we eat at frequently (because it's so good, so I'm not complaining).
When we got home, there was a SURPRISE waiting for me!!! A surprise 25th birthday party!!! I was ELATED and flabbergasted and sooooo excited I could hardly stand it. Scott and my friend Brooke planned the whole thing and it was seriously perfect and wonderful and I was in heaven.
After the party, I was still so buzzed, it took me a few hours to fall asleep. It was so perfect and I have the most wonderful friends and husband.
We didn't announce it till later, but December 26, we found out we're having a GIRL!! We waited a few weeks for our second ultrasound to confirm. The first ultrasound, she was all scrunched up and they were pretty sure she's a girl, but not positive so we thought we'd wait till they confirmed.
The ultrasound was literally one of the coolest things I've ever done, ever. I was in tears and could have sat and watched her perfect arms and legs and face for hours. It was magical. I can already tell I will be quite the emotional mama (surprise surprise).
Her perfect little face!!!!! I could stare at it all day long. I think she's so beautiful already.
A few weeks into January, we went to Nebraska for a week to visit my parents.
Mom and I worked on the quilt we'd started at least a year ago for Scott and my bed. It's so much work (I would never make a quilt without her help I've decided). We didn't finish it this time, but got close! It's so beautiful and I can't wait for it to don our bed!
We played lots of games, ate out, played with puppies, and enjoyed each other's company. It was perfect.
My momma also threw me a baby shower while I was home. It was so much fun seeing old friends and catching up. Everyone was so generous and I now have bundles of adorable, tiny, pink clothes strewn about the house to remind me how cute (and fashionable) this little girl will be!
I'm 22 weeks here.
My sweetie bringing home treats for us, from the local bakery. I'm so in love with him.
My latest bump picture, at 24 weeks! I am seriously LOVING being pregnant. Whenever I put on an outfit and it accentuates my belly I'll say "Scott!! Look at how cute I am right now. Seriously, look at this belly!". I feel weirdly so confident in my body and just love the way I look. I love the attention this baby girl gets and I don't know why pregnant ladies are always complaining about people rubbing their bellies, I love it! I welcome your hands friends, rub away!
She kicks like crazy now and we can see her little kicks which is 1. so weird and 2. so awesome. I love it!! I think pregnancy suits me and I'm so grateful I've had such a great pregnancy so far!













4 comments:
I totally agree with you. Although the beginning was hard for me (I prefer not to think about it)... 20+ weeks was just blissful. I felt so good and so gorgeous and probably the most confident I've ever felt about my body. And I also LOVED people touching my belly. You look beautiful and I can't wait to see pregnant Ashley in REAL LIFE! We will all dote on you. Or I will at least.
You are adorable beyond words expression. I love your attitude towards pregnancy! You ARE beautiful!! Every pregnant woman is beautiful! But sadly, so many women are so negative about iit, they scare other mamas and so all people do is complain. We need more mamas like you! :) You were made for hypnobabies, sister. I love you!!!! <3 <3
Seriously isn't it the BEST!!!! You are AMAZING!! I mean, you're growing an actual human in your body. Somehow you magically know what to do to make a beautiful little baby. And the KICKS!!! They are so crazy and weird and the very best!!! Eat everything you want and live it up!!! I literally ate anything and as much as I wanted and NO ONE could say anything and the freedom was awesome!!! I miss those days of judgement free indulgence :) Being pregnant is so so fun and amazing. Enjoy!!!!
I love the felt veggies! They're so cute. Good for you for getting going on it now! I wish I had thought ahead too! I could have REALLY used one at church today. Instead she went around trying to eat the door stoppers - yuck. You look beautiful!!!
Post a Comment