Monday, February 11, 2013

nemo.

You probably heard.
We had a little "snowpocalypse" over here in the Northeast. 
Our town got 27 inches with drifts at 4-5 ft tall.
SO. MUCH. SNOW.
It felt like I was a kid again, frolicking in the cold mounds of fluffy snow.
Scott got home from work early Friday (noon) and it had already been snowing for 3 hours. We snuggled and watched shows pretty much all day intermixed with game playing of course. Saturday morning we woke up to this:



that's our car under there.




At this point it was still snowing. For at least 5 more hours. So we stayed in our jammies all day, made hot chocolate and french toast and lounged to our hearts content:


After a much needed TV show binge, we donned our snow gear and walked over to a park near our house. It was so picturesque! People making snowmen, kids sledding, us making snow angels and trying to swim through the snow. It was perfect.
Combined between Saturday and Sunday, Scott shoveled snow for probably 8 hours. He loved it. He says he would always see this kind of thing on the news as a kid and wish he could be where the snow was falling. His wish came true big time. 
Mostly I was just envying our neighbors with their heavy-duty snowblowers.
This was this morning:

next to our building
our backyard
just a big ole' box of snow.
Overall, it was actually a great weekend being able to hangout all day and not feel bad about it. Thank-you Nemo!

4 comments:

Brianna said...

I love love LOVE the snow and have to admit I was kind of laughing about "the storm" heading for the Northeast. You really did get a bunch of snow! Glad you were able to enjoy the day together.

Unknown said...

That is crazy!!!! Did your vegetable oil freeze again like it did in Rexburg? I love you and loved this post!! Give each other a hug from us. :)

Unknown said...

WOW. I REALLY want to trade you snow days... Friday Mckay worked all day & I can't remember what I did. Saturday we got to his empty office early & stayed until 6. Barf. Then we went out with friends (that part was fun) and watched Pitch Perfect after (on the recommendation of a niece and sisters). NEVER WATCH THAT MOVIE. Terrible.
SO anyway, you win. That sounds like an absolutely perfect & dreamy white snow day. XO

Linzvor said...

You guys always get the crazy, wild weather! But that snow does look like a lot of fun. Stay warm!